Saturday, June 26, 2010

How periods saved one woman's life!!!

If it wasn't for periods, one woman in the Bible's life would've ended much sooner. Check out Genesis 31!

Here we find Jacob fleeing from his father-in-law Laban. For three days he gets a good head start, but how fast can you travel with two wives, eleven kids, all your servants and a wealth of camels, goats, sheep, cows and donkeys? Soon his father in law overtakes him, and states, "Now you've gone off because you longed to return to your father's house. But why did you steal my gods?"

Jacob denies taking his gods and declares, "If you find anyone who has your gods, he shall not live!" then invites Laban to search for them. Now Jacob has no idea his wife has stolen her father's gods! She put them inside her camel's saddle and sat on them. When her father, who is conducting a very thorough search, comes to her, she says to him, "Don't be angry, my lord, that I cannot stand up in your presence: I'm having my period."

Three times in the chapter it emphasizes Laban searched but found nothing. And why not? Because of periods.

Now I'm not saying what Rachel did was right! But I do find it interesting the first time in the Bible where a woman's period is specifically mentioned it's shown being beneficial!

No comments:

Post a Comment